If you have been snooping around my articles at i-Polls.com, you’d see one of my articles about the Yamaha Rhino 700. Well this one’s the Yamaha Raptor 700! While the former was the lovechild between an ATV and a pick-up truck, this one’s more heavily weighed on the ATV-side of the spectrum.
From just a look, it already seems imposing and strong. But even more so does it elicit quite an adventurous and daredevil feel! Do not forget, it’s an All-Terrain Vehicle (ATV) after all, and it can certainly ride through the toughest of terrains.
Yamaha Raptor 700’s Top Features
So as to outline the Yamaha Raptor 700’s noteworthy features, I shall give you an overview of what you’ll get when you purchase this bad boy. Bad girl, if you so prefer. While it might not seem convincing enough for you, well, I still suggest sticking around ’til the end so I can properly sway your decision!
When I said imposing, I meant it. The sleek yet pointy curves that the Yamaha Raptor 700 features can be attributed to its aggressive styling to give it the menacing looks to match its already quite impressive performance on the ground. The mighty raptor is truly ready to go wherever it pleases, whether it be the dunes, forest trails or even the track.
The strength of the engine can be akin to that of a charging wild boar, unrelenting, though that comparison might actually be too generous to the boar! Powered by the most potent of 686cc, fuel-injected, liquid cooled Raptor engine. This baby can produce more than enough torque right off of idle, into a fat moderate speed or right off blasting with its monstrous top-end.
It might not have been expected off its strong engine, but the Yamaha Raptor 700 is actually quite lightweight! This is simply a combination no ATV rider wouldn’t take notice of. With its hybrid steel aluminum frame, Controlled-Fill aluminum sub-frame and cast aluminum swingarm, I would call it simply cheating with how durable yet light it is.
Of course, no one would love a vehicle if riding it felt like sitting on a pile of cacti, nor felt like controlling a unyielding wild bull. Which is why the Yamaha Raptor 700 sports a thick comfortable seat made to maximize comfort at every step, while still having dual counterbalancers, electric starters and reverse gears to keep it all friendly for the uninitiated.
Inspired by the YFZ’s suspension, the Yamaha Raptor 700 seeks to live out the dreamy experience of blasting through sand dunes and the woods. Thanks to the 9.1 inches front travel and 10.1 inches back, you’ll barely feel any trail bumps while you ride it out. Such a combination of mighty power, solid handling and a great suspension, the Yamaha Raptor 700 is truly worth experiencing.
As previously mentioned, this engine is quite powerful with its 686CCs. Meant to be a hard-hitting, quick-revving powerplant of an All-Terrain Vehicle. It can even rev all the way to 9,000 rotations per minute (RPM) while the dual counterbalancers keep it smooth. Here’s a quick list of details that the engine has that separates it from others:
- Advanced Fuel Injection. It sports the Yamaha-exclusive, Yamaha Fuel Injection, offering consistent and excellent engine performance while still maintaining a wide range of flexibility with conditions, elevations and temperatures.
- Digital Ignition. Who doesn’t love an electronic 32-bit control unit exhibited by the digital Transistor Controlled Igniter (TCI) system, controlling fuel injection and ignition systems for all-around consistent performance and fantastic throttle response.
- Electric Starter. One push, vroom! The Yamaha Raptor 700 has the reliable push-button electric start capable of ignition in any gear for that added extra convenience.
- Robust Transmission. The Yamaha Raptor 700 is race-bred, with its five-speed transmission with reverse, coupled with its monstrous powerband, allows the rider a degree of freedom in choosing gears for the right situation.
- Excellent Serviceability. It has an easy-to-reach oil filter along with a tool-free air filter that makes ATV maintenance all the more convenient!
I won’t waste your time any further and give you the chassis and suspension details of the Yamaha Raptor 700 of your dreams! Here you go:
- High-Tech Chassis. State-of-the-art combination of a steel front section with a YZ-style piggyback rear that gives 10.1-inch wheel travel along with allowance in preload adjustment.
- Powerful Brakes. With twin aluminum-piston front disc brakes giving you tremendous stopping power, the discs themselves are drilled, which helps you reduce unsprung weight for that excellent suspension compliance while still giving you an additional twin-piston rear brake for stopping power that will keep you safe.
- Aggressive Maxxis® Tires. These high-performance 22×7-10 front and 20×10-9 rear Maxxis tires are specifically designed with a tread pattern to deliver superb, amazing traction for razor-sharp handling in a variety of terrain and conditions, as the leading tire of its class!
- Lightweight Wheels. With its lightweight aluminum wheels, you won’t be worrying about an enhanced suspension performance reducing unsprung weight.
- Wide Foot Pegs. Exhibiting 45mm serrated foot pegs designed to give you excellent boot traction and wider space for those with bigger soles.
- Strong Frame. Previously stated, sporting a controlled-fill aluminum subframe and composite front grab bar makes it quite light while still maintaining its supreme strength.
Having no other way to categorize them, these are a few more extra features that don’t necessarily fit with the other details but definitely deserve to be mentioned. Here they are:
- Sporty Ergonomics. The seat has that long YZ-style made to allow maximum rider comfort and degree of movement with superb sport-riding ergonomics.
- High Visibility Lighting. You won’t have to worry about riding in the dark with its multi-reflector 30-watt Krypton headlights that are set back into the front cowl to complement the sleek design with a perfect, no-compromises sporting accent, as well as an LED taillight providing great visibility.
- Large Fuel Tank. The Yamaha Raptor 700 has a large-capacity, 2.9-gallon fuel tank made to extend the time of fun riding between getting a refill.
- Ergonomic Controls. Thumb throttling has never been better with a smooth shape feel for riders that appreciate having less hand fatigue at the end of the day, while also featuring the handlebar-mounted flip-type parking brake lever that is quite easy to use!
- Yamaha Diagnostic Tool. To further easy, convenience-targeted, and improved serviceability, the Yamaha Raptor 700 is always Yamaha Diagnostic Tool-ready.
If you want a fun ride that’s built to last while still sporting a mighty engine, the Yamaha Raptor 700 is for you! With all its additional features, as well as high-quality functionality, you won’t find a better All-Terrain Vehicle anywhere out there. So feel free to make your choice now, while all the details and features of the Yamaha Raptor 700 is still right in front of you.